Friday, March 9, 2007

Un-waking

Have you even woken up so sudden, so immediate; eye burst, sit up, awake? Blood rushing through your body through such intensity, you almost feel that instead of sweat, you are bleeding from your pours?

This morning upon awaking, I has this sudden rush, save for one change. My eyes would not open. Dream state paralysis?

This part alone was more frightening than what made me wake in the rush. I laid back down, hitting my pillow with such vigour and I could hear my alarm and I could hear my dog's tags shake feverishly, but my eyes were unwillingly shut. To make matters worse, my body felt as if it were shutting down. I could not move my arm, or turn over; I could not open my mouth.

I could not scream.

When the panic faded, the dream subsided.

I'm not fully convinced it was a dream.

No comments: